Monday, March 3, 2008

Birthday Madness

Well today my dad has turned 56 yrs old. We're having a party tonight to celebrate this once in a lifetime event. The end of February and into March is when we have a perlethera of birthdays. Six of them at last count, we all gain 10 lbs because of the cake and ice cream that is consumed during this time. For these 4 weeks my whole family will be walking around in a sugar coma and if we're lucky by the time its done no one will have had to get their stomach pumped. Kids will be running up and down the walls screaming, parents will be yelling, Dad and Mom will be watching it all with joy because at the end of the night everyone goes home. Then there's me looking on in silence half wishing I didn't have to go home alone and the other half raises my hands in halalua that I get to go home alone without the ear popping noise makers that are my nieces and nephews.
I love them all but let me tell you those kiddies have some lugs on them. Only three more weeks to go till the birthday swarm passes, lets all pray that everyone makes it out in tacked.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Jen...it's Sarah. I got your comment on our blog. We do live really close. I think about you every time I go to Wal-mart wondering which house is yours. We are at Gantzel and Combs. We should have you over some time for dinner! I am going up to St. Johns this next week, but maybe the week after that. I will get in touch with you and see what you want to do. Sound good?

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

Sounds busy and fun!

Jake said...

I forgot that you have that clump of birthdays for your family! I like the comment about all the cake! Love ya girl!

Jann said...

This made me laugh. I'm wishing you all a safe navigation through all the sugar.