Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wow That Hurt

On Tuesday the 13th I finally broke down around 3:00 AM and called my parents to ask for them to come out and have my dad give me a blessing, you see I was having the most horrid pain in my stomach that just would not go away. It had happen before about four times in the last year but this time it just seemed to not be getting better and I kept having a strong feeling that I needed to call someone for help. When my parents finally got there they decided I need to go to the ER so away we went. That was the longest drive ever, it took about 35 mins to get there and I had to be sitting which caused the pain to be so much worse. (I don't think I had sat down for more then a few seconds that whole night.) We finally got to the hospital were they took an ultra sound of my stomach and found that I had developed gall stones which means that my gall bladder has to come out if I don't want to go through that pain again. They put me on a special diet so that my gall bladder won't start up again which is basically I cant have any fat, most meats, eggs or dairy. It is amazing to realize how much those things are in our diets when you cant have them. If anyone has any ideas on some meals I would appreciate it, I'm finding it a little hard thinking up stuff to make. I did hear from the hospital yesterday and my surgery is scheduled for the 30th of this month. I actually cant wait for this to be over so I can get on with my life. I have lost some weight but I'm also dealing with headaches and other stomach problems associated with such a dramatic change to my diet. It might sound weird but the 30th really couldn't come to soon for me.

4 comments:

Ellen Rae said...

I am so sorry you have had to go through all that. As for help with food, that is really tough. Almost everything I make has at least one of those restriction. Lots of fruit and veggies. Beans have protein and if you eat them with corn it is a complete protein. But corn has a fat content. I'm not much help. Good luck until the 30th. Love you!

Jann said...

Seriously yucky stuff. I am really sorry you are going through it. I guess fruits and veggies are your best friend right now. All I have to say is that is some seriously drastic measures to lose a little weight. Luckily the 30th is not too far away. Good luck and you will be in my prayers.

Sarah said...

Oh Jennifer! That sounds horrible! I am glad that you were able to find out what the problem was so you can get it fixed! I hope you feel better and that surgery comes soon enough!

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

That totally stinks! I remember when Maria had to get hers out. She was so miserable. Let us know if you need anything.